Sunday, January 22, 2012

Friends and VBS... Oh, what a weekend!

This past week was the first week of the Spring semester for me and the hubs. Needless to say, the week was insane! After having a month off school getting back into study mode is a bit rough. The poor kid is back to watching us study every night. However, we make it a point to have dinner together and watch a 30 minute show together.

The weekend before school started, I was able to fit a ton of stuff into 72 hours. I was able to spend some time with an awesome friend  I haven't seen since since 2006,  as well her family. The on Sunday I got to have dinner with 4 of my favorite girls. All of this time with friends, old and new, made me realize how blessed I am to have awesome ladies in my life.

On Thursday and Friday I got to do some awesome work. Really it didn't feel so much like work, as a ton of fun and discovery. I attended Lifeway's VBS Preview and was blessed to sit in on a couple of lectures ranging from how to teach the entire week of 1st-2nd grade VBS to the best ways to relate to preteens. I also was able to get a ton of pictures of the decoration ideas that Lifeway always offers. I have posted a few of the pics below. This stuff is awesome and can go from a small budget to a well expensed budget:


Victoria Falls. Made from foam board, sheets and pillow stuffing for the white water foam at the bottom.

The Northern Lights. This picture doesn't do it justice. Twinkle lights are in the sheer fabric.

The Great Barrier Reef. Made from foam board and the bubbles are made by hanging clear glass Christmas ornaments

The Matterhorn. Made from foam board.

Motorized propeller on the plane all made from plywood. The motor was powered by a riding lawnmower battery.

The Grand Canyon. Made from foam board.

Adorable wall art made from poster board.

Paricutin Volcano. Made from foam board.

No comments:

Post a Comment